Workflows are used to track the progress of various business processes
in PolyPM. Whether its style development, lab dips, or production, PolyPM
lets you define the tasks that reflect your business practices. Workflows
enable management and users to develop schedules, track progress and
instantly communicate with people involved in these processes.
A workflow is a set of tasks that are grouped together. The tasks are
the various steps that are followed to complete the specified business
process. In PolyPM, workflows are designed in a flow chart, enabling
the user to easily model the process by graphically seeing the structure
of the workflow. Workflows can be attached to styles, components, raw
materials, and production orders. Each task in a workflow has a specified
time for completion and various users that are associated with the task.
embedded flowchart software, users model the business process
by mapping out the tasks that need to be completed, including
parallel processes, alternate path processes, and approval processes.
The workflow is saved in a Workflow Template. Then when the user
is ready to schedule a process, the user selects a Workflow Template,
if necessary, edits the workflow, and then schedules the tasks
by starting the workflow. The schedule can be based on either
a start date or finish date. Using the amount of time allotted
for each task, a schedule is developed showing a Schedule Date
and Forecast Date for each task.
for larger view
As each task is completed, the Forecast Date is updated, showing a
side-by-side comparison between the original Schedule Date and the current
Forecast Date. When a task is either completed or late, messages are
instantly sent to the appropriate users informing them of the status.
In addition, when a task is completed, a message can be sent to the
user responsible for the next task.
Using the various workflow
features, management can evaluate its overall progress and if
necessary shift resources or adjust priorities. Workflows become
an essential management tool for a business, helping to maintain
schedules, avoid conflicts, and balance resources.
for larger view
Workflows have the following features:
- Graphically define workflows using flowcharts
- Management dashboards summarize progress
- Track product development, material development or production
- Automatic messages to members responsible for a task
- Support standard, parallel, alternative path and approval tasks
- Track production for multiple contractors
- Generate forecast and schedule tasks
- Reschedule tasks and update forecast
- Automatic alerts on late tasks
- Schedule from start of finish dates
- Run multiple workflows at one time
- Generate work-in-progress reports
- Assign approved, reviewer, and esclate users
- Use multiple calendars for team players in multiple countries
- Assign resources to each task